Sunday, May 13, 2007

While the Boys are Away, the Girls Will Play

The boys got back late last night from their D.C. trip so we are settling back in and getting lots of laundry done!

While they were gone the girls and I spent a relaxing week with my mom. We had tea parties, sewing night, lots of baking and shopping. My sister came over with her kids so we got to visit with them too. Amy and Emily love being around their cousins.

Then we came home for a few days before Sean and Evan returned. It was nice to have some time with just Amy and Emily. Things were much more quiet! But it's great to have everybody home now.

I enjoyed having some time off of teaching lessons, planing meals and my daily chores. I also enjoyed being "off-line" for a few weeks too. Sean has tons of pictures to share. Evan has 1,927 that he has to sort through! And I have lots to blog about: the women's retreat that I went on right before their trip, more bread recipes from our year long study of bread, pictures of my newest nephew, Noah, garden pictures, today's sermon, the book I'm reading with the kids "Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends: How to Fight the Good Fight at Home!", and the meme that Leslie tagged me with right before we took off. Sorry, Leslie, you always seem to tag me right before I'm taking a break from the computer!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I definitely want to hear more about the book. Our kids are fighting the fight, alright.

But it ain't good.