He is...
Creator- With all the fruit and flowers growing in abundance at my house right now, this aspect of Jesus came to mind first! His creation is amazing. I'm so glad that he gave us so many different kinds of plants, animals and people. And being created in His image, he's made us creative too. I can't wait to see what Heaven is like!Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."
He has restored to me a growing circle of friends through our new church and school group and gave me a surprise of friends through blogging as well! I hope that learning to have Jesus be my best and first friend will make me a better friend to the earthly ones He's given me now.
John 15:14-15 "You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."
Sovereign- I have been learning so much about God's sovereignty in the last year or two. It is so comforting to know that He is in control!
1 Timothy 6:15 "our Lord Jesus Christ, ... he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen."
Preparer- Knowing that Jesus is preparing a place for me gives me such a different perspective. I remember John Piper once talking about enjoying a walk in winter. He realized that he had never had a winter vacation, cozy in a cabin, reading lots of good books next to a fire and his family and thought that would be a lovely idea. But, he also thought, it can wait. Yes, it would be nice, and there is nothing wrong with vacations, but even if he never got to have it, heaven will be so much more glorious than the best vacation ever taken on earth, he could wait.
John 14: 2-3 "In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."
1 Corinthians 2:9 “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”
Rest - In this season of life I am not as physically weary as when I've had newborns and little sleep. But I find myself emotionally (and sometimes physically) weary from the many roles I have with wife, mother, instructor, housekeeper, cook, etc. I find myself needing to come sit at Jesus feet to give me strength to do what I need to do. Again John Piper says in When I Don't Desire God:
"The human heart does not replenish itself with sleep. The body does, but not the heart... We replenish our hearts not with sleep, but with the Word of God and prayer."
Matthew 11:28-29 "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
I tag:
Alicia
Kristen

3 comments:
Christina,
Thank you for the tag! I loved reading this and very much appreciate the blessing of writing out why I love my Savior. I really enjoyed the portion where you talked about Christ as your Friend. I hadn't thought about the opportunity to know God more, while I don't have many friends yet. What a blessing!
Christina,
I got your note. I am behind on your tags so I did the old one today and want to get to this one next. I enjoyed reading yours. Thanks!
There was a reason I popped over here: to confirm my need to buy and read When I Don't Desire God. I had it in my moneyless hands at the church bookstore today!
Post a Comment