Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pumpkin Recipes

We're bringing these to a harvest party tomorrow!

Pumpkin Cookies

Cream together: 2 cups of butter (or Earth Balance)
2 cups of sugar (or Sucanat)

Add: 1 16 oz can pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

Then add: 4 cups flour (can be white whole wheat)
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp. salt

Optional: stir in 2 cups of raisins and 1 cup of nuts
Bake on greased cookie sheet for 12-15 min at 350.

These pancakes are a fun way to add a little vit. A to your morning!

Pumpkin Pancakes

Whisk together:
1 1/4 cups flour,
2 Tablespoons sugar,
2 teaspoons baking powder,
1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon, ground ginger and salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of cloves

Mix together in separate bowl:
1 egg,
6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup of milk (or soy milk)

Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.

Heat a buttered skillet over medium heat and cook a couple min. on each side.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love pumpkin! I have a great recipe for pumpkin waffles too, if you're interested.

Kim said...

I am printing this off :) YUMMY!

Kristen Borland said...

we'll definitely have to try these. they look delicious!!!

Bethany said...

oh i love pumpkin everything.....but have never tried cookies or pancakes. I can't wait to try these when I get back home

Holly said...

I can't remember how I found your blog (it was about a week or two ago), but I wanted to leave a comment since it looks like a neat one! I saved some of the recipes to experiment with; they look yummy. :D
Blessings!

Holly