
Emily has given us a lot of laughs this month.
Santa Claus
*Disclaimer* We don't celebrate Santa Claus at our house. We have some ornaments that family have given us and our stockings that we keep for sentimental reasons. (You can read about it here and here.) But other than that there are no Santas around here. Our kids know the real story of St. Nicholas, that he was a man who did kind things for the poor. But he died and did not rise again. Christmas is about Jesus.
But.... you see the jolly old St. Nick everywhere. Especially when he's 15 feet tall perched atop the Wendys that we pass every time we go to Church! This is Emily's response, every time!
"Look, its the funny man with the HO-HO hat!!!"
Christmas Trees
Emily loves Christmas trees. When we went to get ours she started singing "O Christmas Tree" at the top of her lungs! Here's her version.
"O Kistmas Twee O Kismas Twee, Ne Non Non Change Me"
She loves this song and sings it almost everyday!
Nativity
We have a playmobile Nativity set that has seen better days. Emily also loves to play with what's left of it. I think we'll be up for a new one next year.
When we put it up she started singing, "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak but he is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so!"
She sings this song just about everyday too, usually when playing with the nativity set. It's so precious!
Chocolate decorations are good too!

4 comments:
Well if you have to choose between her knowing the words to "Jesus Loves Me" or "O Christmas Tree," I guess the former is better. I like "Ne Non Non Change Me" more than the original anyway.
Christina, got your newsletter today and saw the blog address so I thought I would check it out. Nice to hear from you and to see that you all are doing well. Merry Christmas!
Chris Kuhner
She is so cute. Loved your Christmas update...I got it in the mail. Too cute.
What a cutie pie! I saw the Playmobil Nativity back in November at a Target in Texas and just assumed I could find it here in Virginia, but I was wrong! I will order it early next year :)
Post a Comment