In high school, my English teacher used to warn me about the dangers of procrastination. Even though I was a straight A student, I often would put off writing an assignment until very late the night before it was due. Several times I got "caught" and couldn't pull it off resulting in a lower grade because I was late.
Last year I was introduced to the work of CCEF (Christian Counseling and Education Foundation). They have several little booklets on various topics that address different problems from a Biblical viewpoint. One of them is on procrastination. You can read the article that preceded the booklet and is almost word for word here. I found it very helpful in my struggle against procrastination.
One of the main areas that God has been working on my heart to put off procrastinating about is housework. The recent posts about bathrooms and laundry are evidence that God has been gracious and is helping me to stop procrastinating about jobs that are hard for me, get up, get organized and do it!
I think I need to go and read the article over again. I've been putting off cleaning my school room for much too long now!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Praise the Lord for stirring your heart in this regard. Cultivating the home when you can is so helpful for the rest of you time. I am learning the importance of it right along with you. Funny thing, if you put it off, the pile just gets bigger and you have no time to tackle such a mountian. I think I've learned that little mounds of work are easier to keep up with so it helps motivate me. It's a struggle though.
Good job.
Oh thank you. I am a big procrastinator....I like to work under pressure. HEE HEE
Post a Comment