Thursday, April 24, 2008

God's Grace and Fear

"So often we ignore the awesome displays of God’s faithfulness to people in trials and instead imagine ourselves in their situation, minus the grace of God. We would do well to heed Elisabeth Elliot’s wise reminder that there is no grace for our imaginations. The next time we observe someone going through a trial, let’s turn off our imaginations and instead fix our gaze on the marvelous, abundant, overwhelming and timely grace of God—the same grace that will be available to us when we actually need it."

Taken from Girl Talk. To read the whole (little) article, go here.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Elyse Fitzpatrick has a really good message on this too. She talks about suffering blows from our imagination. I will try to find the link to the message online to send to you.

PS I have the Ed Welch book Running Scared and it is really good. I had ordered it from Amazon right before Seth's heart stuff and then right the day before it came in the mail I had three friends quoting to from it to me. It is a really good book.

Alicia said...

Amen!

Jana said...

Hey You! Ok so now that I have joined the blogosphere, I now solemnly swear to keep track of you via your blog! And you can do the same for me! Jana

Jenn said...

Such a precious testimony today on FishMama's blog. You have such a wise outlook on your situation and I know that will encourage others! Thanks for sharing.