Saturday, May 24, 2008

Farmer's Market for $10

We've been going to Farmer's Market for over 10 years now. Thankfully, we have one almost every day of the week. In the summer I probably spend 1/4 of my grocery budget at Farmer's Market.


But recently I've been thinking a bit more about our budget, and how to best maximize our money. Plus, recently I had mentioned to a friend that you could get a lot for 10 bucks at Farmers Market, So today I set myself a limit of $10 to spend. Good thing I did too, because the neighborhood down the street was having a huge 40 family garage sale bonanza!


So, if you think there is no room in the budget for fresh produce, try the Farmer's market! Here's what we got for our $10. In the picture, there should be more apricots, but the kids couldn't wait to eat them!


1 head of broccoli
1 head of Cauliflower
1bunch of Beets (Try them roasted or boiled. They are so much better than the canned ones!)
8 Oranges
1 Huge Artichoke
2 pounds of Apricots (A splurge for sure, but they taste amazing!)

2 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

hmmm... i love apricots!!!! all right, now i'm hungry....

Anonymous said...

Those look really good and colorful! BTW, I don't think I've ever had a fresh apricot...only dried.