We started off the summer with Evan and Sean going off to Boy Scout camp at Catalina Island. They had a blast! The girls and I got to go spend some time with a friend whose husband was away on a mission trip the same week. It was lovely. Lots of long talks, a few horseback riding lessons for Amy and giggly girls.
Sean and Evan on a long hike, pausing in front of the bay.
Evan with his group's camp staff.
Evan earned his merit badge for shooting and also made it into the dime club (five shots into the center). He has really good aim!
.jpg)
The whole troop with dads and even one grandpa.
The kids entered art work into the fair again this year. Evan took two first place ribbons for his photography and two second place ribbons for his paintings. Amy took two first places for her art.
In July we went to San Diego. We went to Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, the Wild Animal Park, and the Midway museum.
The Midway Museum is an aircraft carrier that has been decommissioned and opened up for visiting. Here's Evan sitting in the cockpit of one of the planes.
Emily at the petting zoo. She kept wanting to hug this goat!
The kids at Sea World, taking a break in the shade.
We took our tent trailer and camped while we were down there. The kids loved being able to ride bikes and scooter when we got back from the day's activity.
One of my goals for the summer was to go through drawers and cupboards and clean! While I didn't get to all of them (or even as much as I had hoped) I did get a lot cleaned out. And when I went through the bottom kitchen cupboard, I found out that the whole shelf was sagging and about to break! Sean fixed it for me and then built me a nice sliding shelf so I could get into the back corner without having to lay on my stomach and blindly reach under the shelf. The finished product!
Summer's harvest of lavender.

7 comments:
welcome back to blogging!
It's good to have you back! I love all your wonderful pictures! It looks like you guys had an awesome summer :)
I especially LOVE those cabinet pictures.
Bread baking, sharp shooting, photography, watercolor...is there anything your kids can't do?
Great to see you back on your blog! Thanks for sharing what you've been up to this summer.
Leslie, yes, team sports! We tried them all, basetball, t-ball, soccer. Maybe Emily will surprise us, but so far, we don't do well with sports.
welcome back!
glad to see you rollin again:).
loved the watercolor and photo...fun stuff..good job!
Welcome back! Looks like you guys had so much fun!
God Bless!
Post a Comment