The kids want to learn about French cooking this year. So after perusing through a few cookbooks, here is the list of what we'll make this year, Lord willing.
Jan - Soups
Feb - Baguette
March - Chicken
April - Eggs
May - Fish
June - Cake
July - Cherry Clafoutis
Aug - Ratatouille
Sept - Croissants
Oct - Crepes
Nov - Cheese (not to make, but to try)
December - Buche De Noel
I've put these down more for myself than anything else. It seems this blog is a great way to store information like this! But, if you have any recipes that fit these categories and are French in origin, I'd love to see them.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How fun. Just thought of this: A friend of ours from church is a French pastry chef who works for the well known everything in pink local restaurant/hotel. If you're interested in a fieldtrip/outing I can look into it for you. He and his wife also homeschooled their now college-aged children and am sure he'd love to be a part of your unit on French cooking.
Post a Comment