"A semi-truck from Samaritan's Purse brought over 25,000 pounds of relief supplies to be flown to Haiti." - Brian and I graduated from high school together. My car accident was on the same day that the earthquake hit Haiti. Seeing what has happened there brings things into perspective. I may be in pain, but I am alive. I may be really tired and overwhelmed because of the aftermath of an accident, but my family is intact with a roof over their head and (thanks to insurance) a rental car to drive even.
We have friends who live in Florida and serve with Missionary Flights International. MFI has been giving air support to affiliated missionaries in Haiti, the Bahamas and the Dominican Republic since 1964. Right now, they are the only non military air planes being allowed into Port-au -Prince. Brian and Terah's story and blog are here. If you are unsure of where to donate money, Missionary Flights International is doing a good work to get relief to Haiti and to share the gospel.

No comments:
Post a Comment