When I was five or six I remember telling my mom that I really liked a certain drink. Only, I couldn't remember what it was called. It was kind of like milk, but thicker and creamier. She could only guess it was buttermilk. It looked right and as I took a big sip I was so disappointed. It was July, and what I was remembering was Egg Nog.
We usually make pancakes once a week. Now that we're gluten free around here, the recipe from this cookbook is our favorite. But Evan mentioned that he missed buckwheat pancakes. Remembering my story, I asked him if he was sure. Yes, it was buckwheat. Well, buckwheat is not really wheat at all. And it's gluten free. So this morning I found a recipe for buckwheat pancakes and made them up. I thought they were better than what I remember buckwheat tasting like. However, Evan realized he'd made the same mistake after all. Looks like I'll be eating a lot of buckwheat pancakes over the next few weeks!

1 comment:
yuck..what a tough shock when expecting egg nog!
when I was a kid I actually did like buckwheat pancakes. They had a different texture. Still, it may have been that my mom never made pancakes so this was the only version I knew. Now he will have to solve his mystery!
Post a Comment