Friday, September 03, 2010

Unexpected Fun

We used to take out the stress by building forts! Fall of '05.

We've been hittin' the books for a solid month now and the strain shows. The house is a mess, kids are not so excited about my less creative meal plans, and I had three days in a row where I pretty much was on the verge of tears the entire day.


While I am learning to depend on God for each day, being faithful to do the job He's given me to do, He gave me some unexpected surprises this week. In the rush of life, I don't want to forget them. I need to remind myself again of God's faithfulness. I too easily forget.


During one of the tearful days, I mentioned to a friend that my neck and back were hurting again because I took on too much housework when Sean and Evan were gone . We have a wood ceiling that collects dust and cobwebs that I was trying to tackle. I only got half way through before I knew I had overdone it. She sent me a text the next day asking if she could come over and help me get the rest of those cobwebs. I was so surprised! It was such a blessing to not only have help, but to know that God has given me real friends who love me, cobwebs and all!


Not only was I blessed with friendship this week, but we got to know our neighbors a bit better too. One neighbor offered to let us use her pool. We took her up on the offer yesterday. It was so hot! Later that day, a car drove down our drive with another neighbor who just came over to introduce themselves. They are believers and have kids our kids ages! I have been wanting to get to know some of the neighbors more and just praying for God's timing.
Then to end the week on a great note, we were invited to go play wiffle ball with some friends tonight. Now, I don't really care for sports. I think the only time I ever really played any kind of ball game was in 7th grade PE. But my kids really wanted to go, and I really wanted the fellowship. We had a blast. Emily had her first experience hitting a ball and she scored 2 runs for her team. As I was rounding second base, I realized that I was truly having fun, unexpected fun!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Glad to know I am not the only one that has those kinda days....or weeks. HA HA.

Glad you are meeting neighbors and having some fun