Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happenings At Our House

This past month has been very busy for us and yet I've been in a writing slump. Sorry! I actually wrote a post about Evan's Cub Scout camp with pictures and everything, but when I hit publish, it got deleted and was lost in blogland forever. Oh well. Just to give you a taste of what's been going on, here's the latest.

Sean is testing for a promotion this month. (This has definitely been the biggest reason why I have not had time to blog lately.) He did very well on the written test, and has an interview with 3 higher ups from out of the area on Wednesday morning. We should know then if he got the promotion. In the mean time, it has been and intense month of studying, politicking, and praying.

While Sean was studying for the written test, the kids and I had a great trip visiting my parents. One of the advantages of homeschooling for us has been the flexibility of travel. We just packed up a basket of books and had school at Grandma and Papa's house. My dad even volunteered to watch the kids so my mom and I could go shopping for some new clothes for me. He totally surprised me with a gift certificate to Macy's. What a blessing!

Then the next weekend, Evan had Cub Scout camp. The whole family went and had a great time boating, shooting, crafting, and eating. There are a great bunch of boys and dads in his den.
Emily took her first steps this week! She won't walk to me, but toddles on command to Evan and Amy. It really is hard sometimes to get school done, when they stop to clap every time she does something new!

Tomorrow I'm hoping to post the name and gender of our newest cousin. Sean's brother Pat and his wife Tammi were at the hospital last we heard. The kids are soooo excited about their second baby cousin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zoanna
October 24th, 2006 at 4:48 pm · Edit
Oh, being homeschooled gave my older kids a chance to witness baby brother’s steps and little achievements along the way. It’s just so much fun to see everything everyone is learning, from telling time to toddling for the first time! Enjoy the journey. Before you know they’ll be exchanging toy trucks and baby dolls for car keys and work schedules.