I'm so thankful for you, my family and friends (some new and some old). This past year has been a difficult one for me, but softened through the friendships I've made and kept up with through blogging. If you happen to read this blog, (and I know you!) but have not commented or told me you read it, drop me a comment below and I'll add your name too!
Sean- Thank you for being my best friend, and my hearts desire. God has blessed me immeasurably by giving me you for a husband. I love you!!! And thanks for starting this blog for me and guest blogging during the times I get busy. You're the greatest!
Mom- Thank you for raising me in a Christian home where you and dad taught me to love Jesus. Thanks for all the late night talks and good advice. You have been one of my closest friends since high school, and I want you to know that I appreciate all you have done for me. You are a terrific mom!
Jessica- Thanks for introducing me to the world of blogging, Sovereign Grace, John Piper, and the perfect apple pie recipe. I miss you!!! Thanks for hanging in with me through many a hard time and not always giving me the answer I wanted to hear, but needed to hear. I love keeping up on your sweet family.
Jenn- You were my first blogging friend. When I met you I was skeptical of this whole blogging thing. I wasn't sure I'd like it or have time for it, let alone meet new friends. What a surprise for me when you commented back! Even though we've never met, I love hearing what God is doing in your life and seeing all the cute pictures of your kids! I hope I can get to meet you in person some day. Look me up if you ever come to California!
Leslie- You are such an inspiration to me! Thank you for your thoughtful words about Classical Homeschooling, good books, kids with heath problems, and most importantly keeping our eyes fixed on the cross and the good news of Jesus Christ. One particular post I'll probably remember the rest of my life. We're on verse 17 of the first chapter of Colossians. Much slower than I had hoped, but we're still plugging away at it and really enjoying memorizing a big passage of scripture.
Bethany- I have enjoyed reading about your family, your faith, and your favorite things! I was so blessed by your offer to help me out when I come down to L. A. I'm not sure I can even express through a blog how thankful I was (and am) for your offer of hospitality. It came unexpected at a time I was feeling particularly low and was a reminder to me of God's care and goodness. I can't wait to meet you and your boys!
To all the ladies at Chesapeake Community Church- The witness of your love for the Lord, and for each other, has reached out over thousands of miles! Thank you for your testimonies of what God is teaching you about loving your husbands, teaching your kids, making your house a home, enjoying what God has given you, and remaining faithful through trial and loss. When I read your blogs, I am encouraged by your grace filled examples.
Cara and Cat- You are both like family to me. Thank you for your friendship for all these years! Camping again next summer?! I'd love to revive that tradition again.
Thank you all for the blessing of your friendship! Merry Christmas!
Monday, December 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are so sweet. I can't wait to meet you and your kiddos in January too.
Hey friend! Thanks so much for your sweet encouragement. Any good from me is really from God. But, I'm so blessed to be a part of how God is working great things in your life.
Bryan keeps hoping that SGM will plant a church on the Central Coast and we'll be able to go back. In the meantime, keep blogging. It's so great to keep up on all the daily things.
Thanks for your kind words about us gals from CCC. We enjoy having you in our little blogging community :).
Christina,
You don't have to add my name :) but I thought I would let you know that I'd been here! I found you through Jenn & Leslie a while back and saved your link in a *favorites* file (and forgot where it was) I was blessed to find it today and read & visit for a bit. You have a beautiful family!
Blessings!
All I can say is Amen and glory to God! That is awesome you are still working on memorizing some scripture. It may be slow-going, but it's going!! It is a hard fight to not give up! And the first chapter of Colossians is a wonderful prayer! I pray it often for my kids. I am so blessed to have met you through blogging. It seems Jenn is responsible for bringing lots of us together.
Post a Comment