Monday, February 19, 2007

Some Funny Things About Me

Zoanna tagged me with a few questions to answer about yourself. She said I could change it if I wanted too. So I did. Here are a few things about me based on the categories she made up. "Tidbits" of information as she calls them.

1) Dramatic Role:
I have never acted in my life, but have been in several ballet productions including The Nutcracker, Copellia, A Christmas Carol, and several smaller recitals.

2) Athletics:
The only time I was on an athletic team was for J.V. basketball in the 9th grade. I went to a small Christian school and a couple of my friends really wanted to have a J.V. team. They convinced me that it would be fun to join. And that way they could have enough people to have a team. The only problem is I'm terrible at sports, and I'm not competitive. So it didn't go well. We lost our one and only game. The next year I became a cheerleader.

3) Lessons:
I took classical ballet (Royal Academy of Dance) for 6-7 years, with several years of a more relaxed dance in college. I'd still be taking lessons if I could. I love to dance.
I also took violin when I was younger. Right now, I'm taking Art lessons with my kids and have been enjoying it immensely.

4) Driving:
I didn't get my licence until I was 19 and even then I was reluctant. I was too scared. Plus I lived within walking distance to my school and church. I finally got a job across town and had to learn how to drive to get myself to work!

5) Literature:
I love to read. I usually have 3-4 books going at the same time. I like having more serious books that take awhile to get through, mixed in with novels and practical helps books. Right now I'm reading Heaven at Home by Ginger Plowman, Humility - True Greatness by C.J. Mahaney, Elizabeth Prentiss: More Love to Thee by Sharon James, Is there Life After Housework? by Don Aslett, and (with the kids) Five Little Peppers and How They Grew by Margaret Sidney .

Kim, you have been cracking me up lately with your posts. I'd love to hear some "tidbits" about you. You can use Zoanna's quiz format, or my essay format.

1 comment:

Zoanna said...

Very enlightening. You and I have more in common than I knew before! I absolutely loved ballet, tho' I only took it 2 years, plus tap and jazz in college. Royal Academy, huh? You ARE accomplished! I also stunk at basketball and chose cheerleading instead at our Christian school. Unlike you, I couldn't wait to drive and got my license at 16, which was a huge relief to my parents b/c we lived 20 miles from civilization and they weren't gung-ho about playing chauffeur. I also have several books going at once; I chuckled at your kid book. Those are always on my nightstand, too. The latest is called Letters from a Desperate Dog. Thanks for posting this.