Sunday, February 18, 2007

Want to Win a Book?

*Clarification added!

Leslie over at Lux Venit is hosting an interview with Ginger Plowman, author of Heaven at Home, Don't Make Me Count to Three, and Wise Words For Moms. If you've read any of these books, now is your chance to ask Ginger a question. Leslie is asking for your input. If you have a question you'd like her to ask Ginger, e-mail it to Leslie. (Her e-mail is on her profile page.) To sweeten the deal, if you submit a question you will have the chance to win one of Ginger's books! If you've never read her books, but would like to win one anyway, just leave your name in Leslie's comment box for a chance to win too.

I'm in the middle of Heaven at Home. It's a great book with many practical applications. The chapter "Letting Your Husband Lead" is worth the price of the book.

"Trust God by letting your husband lead and resting in the fact that your security is based on the hope of Christ, not on your husband's choices. Comfort him when he blows it and don't respond with an arrogant attitude of superiority. The beauty of the whole thing is that your love will be demonstrated even more
powerfully when you support your husband in his failures as fervently as in his successes." Heaven at Home pg. 67

* It just dawned on me that quoting this section might lead you to believe that I think that my husband makes bad choices. Not only is this NOT true, but I would hate to imply that as well. Rather this chapter convicted me that I could do so much better at letting Sean lead in lots of little areas. And my attitude really needs to improve to help build him up. Many times I struggle with wanting to control situations and this quote encouraged me to trust Christ, not what might happen if I "lose" control.


Leslie will take questions up until next Friday and pick the winner on Monday. I hope you win! (I already own all three books!)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh I have Don't Make me Count to Three and Wise words for Moms and love them. I will have to go and check this out. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Christina!!!