What better way to get back into blogging than to give away books! During the break I spent time cleaning out our bookshelves (getting ready for more books to arrive!) and I found several duplicates of some great books. Some are new and others are well loved but if you don't own them, you could win them here. I'll check again next Wednesday and draw the winners. Please leave a comment telling me by number which set(s) you'd like to win. You can enter for all if you like.
1. G.A. Henty books - With Lee in Virginia and True to the Old Flag
If you are studying the Civil War and The Revolutionary War these books are historical fiction set during that time. They are over 100 years old. We buy Henty books in lots on Ebay and have ended up with a few doubles. One person will win both, one person will win With Lee in Virginia as we have two copies available. Hardback
2. E.B. White books - Charlotte's Web and The Trumpet of the Swan
Classic stories for children in paperback. Well loved, but lots of life left in them for another child to love.
3. From the American Girl Collection - Meet Kaya
Amy was given the set of books and the doll which came with the first book in the series. This book is brand new. If your daughter gets hooked, most libraries carry all the books.
4. George MacDonald - The Marquis' Secret
This is the sequel to The Fisherman's Lady. George MacDonald was one of C.S. Lewis' favorite authors. These two stories are my favorite of his. Paperback
5. For the Preschool set - Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
Brand new, hardback.
For local pick up only (unless you want to pay for the shipping).
6. Puppet theater - It looks similar to this one, but all the chalk spaces are green and the sign is either missing or was never there. Also there are no curtains, but it would be easy to make some. We bought this at a garage sale, but don't have room for it. 
7. Rescue Heroes' Fire Truck and assorted Rescue Heroes

8. Foot Spa - It looks mostly like this.

7 comments:
I'm game for #1 and #4. Thanks! Welcome back!
It's good to see you back! I'd love to enter for #1 and #4 as well. Thanks!
Ooh, put my name in for the Henty books!
Welcome back! I would love to enter for #3! Thanks! Can't wait to hear about the start of your school year!
Enter me for #1 - #5! Thanks so much. How is school going?
Please sign me up for 1 and 4 as well.
Thanks for doing this!
what?! I missed out on this! fortunately, maybe the things I want are still available??? have you given away the fire truck/rescue heroes yet? i really, really want the puppet theatre, but unfortunately mike says since the kids are not really old enough for it yet, he doesn't want to store it. :(
Post a Comment