Well, no robbers came knocking on my door, but I did get what Emily had. Only she didn't get better. So we were both throwing up together. Sean had to work all weekend. It's the busiest weekend of the year for him. (We hate Mardi Gras!)
Around midnight Emily started throwing up again. She didn't wake up at first, so it just went everywhere. I changed her sheets and gave her a bath and got her back in bed, just barely. I felt soo sick.
About ten minutes later I heard her cry again so I ran to her room only to have the first signs of passing out hit me. I know these well since I'm prone to fainting especially when I'm dehydrated. Fortunately she wasn't sick again, just moaning in her sleep so I crawled back to bed because I thought if I stood up, I might pass out!
As I was laying there listening to my neighbors party, too sick to care or call the police, the psycho cat showed up again! I'm not making this up. It was such a crazy night! Praise God, it started to rain. Psycho cat went away, neighbors went inside and Mardi Gras died down so Sean got home a couple hours earlier than expected. What a night!
Yesterday and today we all laid low. And I'm just now starting to feel much better. Emily wanted to eat everything in sight today so I guess she's feeling better too.
*On a side note, as I was linking the Psycho cat story, I found out that last time he/she showed up was this time of year right after Emily was sick. Then I got sick on February 4th right after her. Weird! At least this year, the laundry is more under control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'm sorry you and Emily have been sick! I read the psycho cat story you linked to and it was hilarious! Good to stay away from it though. A friend of mine was trying to help a stray cat once and got badly bitten by it and had to have the round of rabies shots. Not fun.
I'm so sorry you guys are sick! I hope she really is better. I hate it when I think the kids are better and I let them eat....
That thing about Psycho Cat is weird.
Sorry to hear that you've been sick. I feel your pain, really. Bry and I each took a little one to be up with in the night. Thankfully, it's just fevers, no vomit involved.
But, your FLY lady laundry story has inspired me. I'm giving her a shot. (When do you do sheets? Whites? kitchen towels?)
Oh, now I know why I did not see you Sunday! I'm so sorry. It's hard to be on your own when you feel so bad...near unbearable. You crawling back to bed made feel awful for you.
Hope we see you soon and things don't stick around in your systems too long.
Hey, I encouraged you in your new friendship on my blog with some thoughts.
Oh hope you all are feeling better soon. That stinks. We had quite the round too for about 3 weeks. I will be praying that you all bounce back quick
I hope you guys are all completely well soon! Dallas and I have been sick and this stuff is no fun!
On a side note, I really love reading your blog. So much wisdom...and sometimes just great reading fun!
God Bless!
Leigh
Post a Comment