We moved into our new house on April 13Th...But we slept that first week in our tent trailer. It was a fun adventure. We had the tent trailer in the garage and it was like a cave. We all slept really good. That was the fun part. It was also easier for the kids to transition because we were all together. But that wasn't the reason for the "camping". We didn't really own the house yet. And we didn't have water or electricity. That was the adventure part.

Escrow was delayed for a couple of weeks after we were told to hurry out of our old house. Meanwhile, the hot water got fixed. Yippee! And electricity was restored. Whoohoo! Then we found out about the acorns. 12 feet deep. Apparently because the house had been relatively unoccupied for the last 5 years the squirrels and blue jays had been having a field day with the vents on our roof.
Last week Sean fixed the last section of pipe leading from our kitchen sink. He emerged from the basement covered in acorn goo that had exploded on him. My friend Eileen was over and we had a good laugh. She was surprised I let him in the house. He fixed what TWO plumbers could not. And now I can wash more than 3 dishes at a time. He's my hero.
Today, I think I've finally reached the point where more boxes are out of the house unpacked, than in the house still packed. This is a huge milestone! To celebrate, I went to a friends house and helped her pack up her stuff so she can move.
But reality hit home today when we heard from the escrow company that all the loose details are finally wrapped up. I hung up the family portrait over the mantle. And now it feels real.
Looking up at the barn from the creek. Horses come next month.

5 comments:
That's beautiful!
Congratulations!! I'd love to see more pictures when you have the time. Horses? You must have a decent sized spread -- a kid's dream!
Wow!!! Looks beautiful. Can't wait to see the inside! ;)
Congratulations! Your new home is beautiful! Looks like you are out in the country somewhere! Very pretty!
Yay!!!! What a great place!
Post a Comment