With the girls skin problems, I've been trying different lotions, soaps, and foods to help them not itch or have rashes. So far, the things that I've bought have been really helpful: fragrance free shampoo, aloe vera soap, probiotics, and lots of natural lotion. Most of the products I've purchased from our co-op, Azure Standard.But today, I opened a jar of much touted fermented cod liver oil gel. The serving size was 1/2 tsp. I figured I could just swallow that amount even if it didn't taste great. Besides, it was fruit flavored. How nasty could it be? Oh, my! I almost threw up. And I didn't even eat any of the stuff. I just touched my tongue to the side of the teaspoon.
Thankfully, the girls have been responding well to using lotion all the time and not eating wheat (in addition to not eating dairy and sugar). I don't know if the probiotics are doing anything. But it doesn't taste nasty and is easy to swallow!
So, any local friends, if you would like a jar of fermented cod liver oil, I will gladly give it to you! I don't think I can stomach it! (The girls wouldn't even go near it. They said it stunk too much!)

3 comments:
no thank you from me:)
I just had a thought for you though. They may be having some different reactions to living out in the weeds and dust more. I grew up in the country but when I went away to college and then came back, I had developed alergies to the dry CA ground and weeds. I know you guys have lived around here but not really out in the dry grasses. Just a thought.
oh my!! no thank you! :)
Hey, Christina! Ugh on the cod liver oil ... I've always wondered about that ... some folks say it's no big deal to swallow. Thanks for testing it out for me. I'll continue taking my fish oil in pill form I think. ;-)
I don't think you've checked back re: the green smoothie post giveaway. You'll want to read the results here: http://glutenfreeeasily.com/celebrations/
Gluten and/or dairy are the leading cause of skin issues. Remember for gluten, it's not just wheat. Eliminate any rye (easy to do), oats (that are not certified gluten free ... mainstream oats contain high amounts of gluten from cross contamination), and barley (usually in the form of malt) in addition to the wheat.
Shirley
Post a Comment