Evan came back from camp taller. He's outgrown all his shoes, so he said I could have his Teva's and we'll buy him some shoes instead!
Amy's math book arrived. Poor girl, she'd much rather just ride horses all day! Yesterday some friends came by and helped us set up a Picadero (a square pen used for horse training). Amy should be able to work with her horse a bit more independently in the near future.
Emily definitely has some allergies going on. We're looking into getting her tested. Because I'm pretty sure her food allergies are delayed, the regular skin prick test might not show much. But she responded really well to going off of wheat. And I found a great lotion. Thanks, Jess.
We're still working on meal plans, but Sean did find a way to get all three trash cans up to the road!

7 comments:
Wow, I can't believe how your kids have grown! Amy looks like a teenager. Aren't she and my Hannah (10) about the same age? Hannah just came over and commented on Amy's beautiful horse. Ranch life looks fun!
ha, ha! okay, i love that last picture! i have to show that to mike. he'd truly appreciate the genius behind that. :)
i love all the pictures of the kids. wonderful shots, and yes they are growing up! evan is sooo tall!
i want to ask you about that lotion, and where you got it. nehemiah gets bumps all over his arms and legs (just skin colored, not itchy), and i've struggled with finding the right lotion to help with that.
Kristen, I bought the lotion at amazon. I linked to the brand, but several sellers offer it through Amazon. I don't remember which one I used. Just check the shipping. But I know you can get it at the health food store. That's where Jess got it. When you come over tomorrow, you can try it out if you like.
Your kids have grown so much. It looks like you guys are loving your new home!
Hi Christina! I'm just nursing Sam and checking up on blogs:)I saw the part about testing for food allergies and the lotion! We went through all of this with Brady 2 years ago...so we really understand how painful and frustrating it all is! I was going to mention a few things! When we met with a holistic doc..he said while changing lotions to natural and as little toxins as possible is obviously wise(since it travels througth the skin and into the blood stream) rashes, eczema, itching, etc usually stems from internal irritations linked to food sensitivities, pesticides/ toxins on food, and a host of others.. but they react dangeroursly with that specific persons blood.So if there is a food intolerance, lotion is helpful but possibly not the answer.. Also, Brady had a MRT/Leap blood test to test his blood against about 150 varieties of food, chemicals, molds, etc. and it's pretty detailed! As soon as the results came back, the doc set us up with a diet log and plan, meals/menus, substitutions, etc. specifically for Brady and he has had no issues for the whole two years...If you're interested for the girls, I can give you all this info. Obviously, each individual is different, so this was all specifically pertaining to Brady (in regards to the lotion, blood tests, allergies)but the doc made it sound universal.. I'll be praying for them though, I know how it can really be painful to watch as mom, but also physically for the kids. I'll also pray for results:) We'd also really love to come help some time if you need it, moving into the new house, cleaning...anything! Just let me know!
I did want to add that skin testing is not very accurate. I've read that doctors know this, but they continue doing it because that's what insurance pays for. But, many antibodies to different foods will not show up at the skin's surface. Blood testing is much more accurate and tells the different levels of sensitivity. If one has a mild sensitivity/allergy for example, it's possible to reintroduce a few months later AFTER removing that food from the diet. ALCAT is a good testing method.
Best of luck,
Shirley
Yes, Leslie, Amy is 10 also. And we are having fun!
Thanks for the advice for the testing, Shirley. I knew that the skin prick test didn't really show much, but I didn't know the name of the blood test that did.
Kendall, I'd love to talk to you more. Let's get together!
Post a Comment