Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tour of Homes

Welcome to our home! Although we won't post it on the official "BooMama" site, she is the inspiration for letting other people into your home who read your blog, but aren't able to visit your house. We have added on to our home recently. And many friends and family who live in other states have not gotten to see Sean's handiwork.

This is our front door. My poor flowers are not looking too hot after the recent heat wave. Usually they are a glorious riot of blue, my favorite color.

My favorite thing about our living room is our new (used) piano. I just love to hear my husband play. I told him whenever I am stressed to sit down and play worship music. It soothes me like nothing else. The leather furniture we bought on eBay! The chair with the ottoman is my favorite place to read and have my devotions.


The next two pictures are of our kitchen and dining room, where we used to homeschool until Sean built me a homeschool room. Yeah!!

This room functions as our homeschool room, family room, TV room and library. We start school next week so I'm glad that I had the extra motivation of taking these pictures to get it cleaned up and organized. It sure doesn't stay that way for long once school begins!

I just love having a walk-in closet, not for my clothes, but for my school supplies.

Upstairs, we built new rooms for the older kids. Evan loves everything to do with airplanes, especially vintage World War I and II.

Amy likes her dolls and "old fashioned" things. The vanity was her birthday present wish this year. Sean found it at an estate sale for a steal. The canopy bed was mine when I was a little girl. I'm glad my parents saved it.

This is the kids bathroom. When Sean went to Uganda on a mission trip last year, he brought back the cute little wooden animals that matched the "jungle" theme.

This is our bedroom. My kids gave me the hardest time about taking a picture of it clean, not piled with laundry like it usually is!

I just love how Emily's room turned out. My mom made the crib bedding out of a black and white toile and the softest pink fabric that we found on Wal-mart's $1 a yard table.

7 comments:

FishMama said...

Beautiful! It's so fun to see the finished product! Love the leather furniture. You've always been so creative in decorating your home, Christina. I was usually quite inspired when I left after an afternoon with you.

The addition looks great. I'll have Bry come visit when he comes back.

I, too, visited that tour of homes and felt motivated to really clean the house -- so I could take pictures! Ha! It will have to wait until after our trip. My hope was to start school on Tuesday. Not sure if I can swing all that. Pray for me that I would prioritize. Love and miss you!

Jenn said...

What a beautiful home Christina. Your husband is an incredible craftsman. And I know what you mean about the music ... I like Brian to play his guitar when I am stressed. I love your new schoolroom - and you have beautiful wood floors. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You got the leather furniture off of ebay?! Wow, it looks great. I love leather.

Anonymous said...

You have a really lovely and inviting home. I'm really impressed with your home schooling and the priorities you share that reflect your love for the Lord, your family and your home!

Jess Connell said...

What a beautiful home! Such a classic feel about it!

Over at www.redroadreport.blogspot.com (back in, say, Sept or Oct 2006), you can check out our apmt in China. Suffice it to say, it's not super nice, but it works for us! :)

Blessings,
Jess

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful home!

Me said...

Your home is just so gorgeous! I love it! (Especially the homeschool room) Maybe when we get our new apartment together I can do a tour through it! :)

God Bless!
Leigh