Thursday, August 31, 2006

This Week for GirlTalk

This weeks chapter in Twelve Extraordinary Women by John MacArthur is on the life of Ruth. It is a story of loyalty and love as we look at her devotion to her mother-in-law Naomi and how God brought Boaz into her life as her kinsman-redeemer husband. My answer to this weeks question is also a love story, the story of how God brought my husband into my life.

“Nothing happens by ‘chance,’ but God is always behind the scenes, working all things together for the good of His people (Rom. 8:28). There is no such thing as ‘luck’ or ‘fate’ for believers.” (page 77)

Given this truth, tell us about a circumstance in your life where you now see God was working “behind the scenes” for your good.

Most of you who read this know our story. Sean asked that I not post it for the world to read because of the personal nature (you'll understand if you read it). And if you'd like to read it just let me know in the comment section and I'll email it to you.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I'd love to read it if you're ok with that. My email is jennkaybarber@hotmail.com

FishMama said...

I don't think that I've heard the story in great detail, so send it my way, please.

Jessica

Jenn said...

I just saw that your article is the one posted on GirlTalk! You're famous! Seriously, isn't it amazing to look back and have the privilege of seeing God's hand at work in our lives? Thanks for sharing that story. (My husband was involved with InterVarsity during his college years here in Virginia.)

Anonymous said...

Just saw it on Girl Talk! What an amazing story!

FishMama said...

How does Sean feel now about "the world" reading your story? You're famous! Love you guys!
Jessica

Christina said...

Wow! I seriously never thought GirlTalk would post what I wrote! Thanks for sharing my 15 minutes of fame.

Sean said, "God will take care of us, but I'm glad you didn't put the city where I work!"

It was fun to get to write this one and revisit God extraordinary goodness to us 11 years ago.

Christina