Last night Sean and I had the privilege to attend a talk on marriage. The couple that gave the talk run a camp that I went to in college. They had some great insights and were fun to listen to also.
The church that sponsored the event has a passion for building strong families. I appreciated that in addition to just saying that, they made it very accessible for people to hear this couple's presentation. The talk was FREE, childcare was provided, and now you can listed to it online. Just click here and look for the message entitled "Marriage Seminar".
We were very encouraged by this talk. Many of the ideas presented were not new, but shown in a new way. Some of the stories that were shared not only where really funny, but helped to underscore a point like respect, that is sometimes difficult to really get a grasp on. His last example of how his friend introduces him will, I hope, help me to be more respectful of my husband. It was a powerful story.
The talk is a bit long, but broken up into two different sections (while we had a dessert break!) so you could easily listen to one half at a time. I encourage you to take some time for your marriage and listen to Paul and Virginia. You're in for a real treat!
To read other people's reviews and the pastor's introduction on his blog go here.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Christina, thanks for commenting at Life Together and thanks for joining us Sunday evening. Aren't the Friesen's great?
I happened to read a couple more posts on your blog and noticed that you are a classical home schooler.
Have you heard of SLO Classical Academy? (http://sloclassicalacademy.com) My wife and another gal started it a couple years back. Its not a homeschoolers group, but they do some community things once in a while including an Andrew Pudewa lecture series.
Anyway, thanks again for joining us. . . . Tim
Pastor Tim, I have heard of SLO Classical Academy. We contemplated sending our two older kids there a couple of years ago. The curriculum is fairly compatible with what we're doing (Saxon math, Story of the World, IEW etc.) However, my son has Tourette’ Syndrome and really needs to be at home. It would also be a long commute for us.
I have attended one of Andrew Pudewa's talks and hope to make more of them. Thank you to your wife for organizing them! She is doing a great job with the school from all I hear.
If you ever start up a homeschool support group with the school let me know. I'll be the first to sign up!
Post a Comment