The Horse
by
Amy Gillham
The horse is pretty. Her name is Emma. Her master is kind. She lives in a nice home and pulls a wagon.
One day she went to Oregon. On her way she bumped into a big rock and damaged the wagon. She couldn't go around it. She tried climbing it but that did not work. So she took a different route and they reached Oregon safely. The End

4 comments:
What a cute story!
How are you liking English for the Thoughtful Child?
Thanks Wendy. I bought English for the Thoughtful Child for Evan when he was in first grade. It was the grammar recommended by The Well Trained Mind at the time. As soon as it arrived I knew it would be impossible for him that year. He just couldn't handle the writing. So we went with a program that ended up being more oral (1st Language Lessons by Jessie Wise) and gradually doing more writing.
1st Language Lessons covered 2 years so Amy didn't need a grammar book last year. She just did 1st LL with us. But this year I thought she could do EFTTC. And since I alrady owned the book, that meant that I wouldn't have to buy anything new.
I just realized that's a really long intro for how I like EFTTC! I like it OK. I liked 1st Language Lessons much better. Evan still chants out the list of linking and helping verbs that he learned doing that book.
EFTTC covers the basics and is a sweet book. The pictures are nice and the examples reflect values from a hundred years ago. I thought 1st LL was more systimatic in it's approach. But Amy needed someting this year and this gets her writing a little someting each day. It's not always a story. Many times it's sentences or examples of rules. Hope that helps!
Great job, Amy!
Coleman is going to start 1st Language Lessons sometime next year when we finish his phonics. Thanks for your encouraging words. Resting isn't easy but Brian has been great! Hopefully we can hang on another week, I will finish 35 weeks next Saturday. I finished 34 weeks today and I had the steroid shot for her lungs, so that make me feel a little better.
Post a Comment