Yesterday I tried something that I've thought of doing several times. To help breakfast go more smoothly, I mixed up a little something the night before. The kids really like muffins, pancakes, and waffles for breakfast, however, they usually take more time than I'm able to give ( and sometimes more mental awareness!). So last night, instead of making the muffins the night before, which would have had me stay up later, I mixed the dry and wet ingredients separately. The wet ingredients went into the fridge, the dry got covered and sat on the counter. This morning all I had to do was mix the two together and pop in the oven.
If you missed FishMamma's helpful breakfast hint. It was a great one too and you can read it here.
Sorry there hasn't been much of any depth here lately. I've actually been working on writing about our church journey. It's been good to contemplate where I've been and where God is taking us now. But it has been a lot harder to write than I expected. Partly the days have been busy with school, gardening, and life, and partly I've been forced to think through some things more than I anticipated. This is good, but doesn't lead to much writing. For now, I hope you enjoy the breakfast hints!
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Excellent suggestion!
Another thing I've been doing...since the budget doesn't do premade mixes, I make my own waffle mixes. About once a month I line up 4-5 ziplocs. I mark them and write what "wet" ingredients need to be added. Then, I measure out the dry ingredients, assembly-line style. Since I add some healthy things like whole wheat and flax, I store the mixes in the freezer. I've been meaning to do this with muffins and coffeecake as well. But, just haven't got to it. It is so easy for Friday waffles and I don't have to dirty two bowls if I was really going to mix things "correctly"!
Thanks Jessica, I've thought of doing that too, but didn't want to "use up" baggies. But you're right, it would be less expensive than buing premade mixes!
I need to do this. What a great idea. My mom use to do the making her own premix things Jessica.
Post a Comment