Monday, March 12, 2007

Meal Plan Monday



This is my first entry for "Meal Plan Monday". I have used meal plans in the past at various times, and really need to get into the habit again. This is a fun way to do it also! You can check out more meal plans over at I'm An Organizing Junkie.

Last night I spent several hours purging our house of clutter. It had gotten out of hand and I had given the kids a good week to get stuff picked up. But I had reached my limit! So now there are three, yes three laundry baskets in our garage that no longer contain laundry! The kids will have to redeem items to get them back. I accept Visa, MasterCard, Cash, Dish Duty, Dusting, Laundry Folding and Sweeping/Mopping the Floor. So I'm on a roll. Clean house, meal plan, and a beautiful sunny California Day. I am thankful to the Lord for the burst of energy to get this done, which really blessed my husband. I certainly couldn't have done it on my own strength.

Monday: Bean Burritos, cut veggies, and rice.



Tuesday: Stir fry chicken and veggies and rice.
Wednesday: Taco Soup, cornbread and cut veggies.
Thursday: Oatmeal, nuts, dried fruit.
Friday: Hamburgers, veggies, spicy potatoes.
Saturday: Corned Beef and Cabbage with boiled new potatoes of course! My husband is Irish so we celebrate in style with Guinness and and chocolate cake made with Guinness too.
Sunday: Stuffed pork chops, cranberry sauce, veggies, bread.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great meal plan!! Our Friday nights are similar this week.

I'm with you about the cleaning and decluttering. I'm so thankful for the bursts of energy when they come!!

jennyr said...

corned beef, i love corned beef!!!

thanks for sharing looks like a great menu plan for the week!

Kim said...

Have you just raised the bar, or what? Pictures of the dinner? I love it! Makes me want a bean burrito right NOW. (but it is 5:45 in the morning)

We are loading up the garb around here too! I completely agree with you about His divine help in the area of decluttering. I need that boost and physical energy to keep it going!

FishMama said...

How about posting the chocolate cake recipe? Soon? We're celebrating St. Patty's day/friend's bday on Friday. Miss you! I'm right there with ya on the clutter.

Christina said...

I'll post it tonight if I can Jessica. I have to look it up on Epicurious! But it was phenomenal! I miss you too. You haven't been posting much lately. I'm guessing things are getting pretty busy around your house!

Kim, I just had to take a picture, it looked so pretty! I think mostly because of the black rice. I had run out of regular rice and had this fancy exotic stuff from Trader Joes! But thanks for the compliment.

Christina said...

Ok, true confessions here, there are actually 4 lanundry baskets full. I forgot about the one in MY room! But I'm not bringing out my stuff either until I can find a home for it or decide to dump it.

Laura said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get around last week to welcome you!! Thanks so much for joining in and can I just say that I LOVE that you included a picture of your meal!!!

Laura

Bethany said...

What a great idea. Okay when I am not preggers and can actually cook again I will have to join you. HEE HEE. Your burrito and veggies look awesome. I have been into fresh fruit salad and veggies lately.