Saturday, September 29, 2007

Year of Bread- Part 3




We have been continuing to make bread this year even though I haven't blogged about it (or much of anything else lately!).Here is Evan making pretzels. We didn't think the recipe we used was good enough to make again, but we had fun. Amy likes making scones (sorry no picture). But Evan has learned this recipe by heart and is now selling bread each week to moms in our homeschool group. He's making a tidy little profit and learning about cleaning up after himself.
I think we will wrap up the year with holiday breads. If you have any favorites that you think we should try I'd love to hear from you! You could post on your own blog or if you don't have one, send me the recipe and I'll post it here.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like fun! What a great thing for your son to do to earn a little money.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Evan!

Kim said...

Yum!

sixbergerons said...

Christina, Evan,

I have a great recipe for sweet potato & golden raisin bread that is very festive. It's only lightly flavored with sweet potato but that addition also makes it moist. I'll try to post it to my blog soon...

love you,
Cara

Kristen Borland said...

he should bring some bread to Bible study. are you using artificial sweeteners at all? i can't have those, but i loooooove bread. it's like dessert to me.

Christina said...

Thanks Cara.
Kristen, he uses honey. I'll let him know about bringing it to Bible Study. See you this afternoon!