Last night I made a chicken recipe that my whole family dubbed "The Best Chicken Ever!" I got the idea from my favorite cooking magazine's blog The Kitchen Sink. They got it from Thomas Keller's cookbook "Bouchon" named after his restaurant.
When we were in Las Vegas I had breakfast, not at his Vegas restaurant but at his little bakery next to it. His almond brioche was amazing! So when I saw the chicken recipe, and it was easy and took less than an hour, I figured I'd give it a whirl. Besides, Costco had a special, buy two chickens get two free so I had a lot of chicken!
Basically, you dry the chicken off really good so no steam is developed while cooking. Then you salt (I used Kosher salt) , truss, and roast in a 450 degree oven for about an hour. I cooked two 4 1/2 pound birds for about an hour and 15 minutes. They said a bit under an hour for a 2 1/2 pound bird. Then you sprinkle a bit of Thyme over the chicken and baste with the fat or a bit of butter.
It really worked! The chicken was really moist with a crispy skin. I threw some potatoes on the bottom rack to cook with the chicken. So with hardly any effort at all, I had dinner mostly done!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That sounds good, I'll be looking for a sale on chicken now!:) So easy too..yum.
Post a Comment