At Walgreens I got free makeup and almost free air freshener. They were out of the coupon special one so they offered to give me any other brand for the same deal. Again, the cashier was flustered. When you're stacking coupons it gets confusing. He was shaking his head as he rung up the freshener at $.49 and $.01. All total I spent $1.43 at Walgreens.
But the deal I was happiest about, because it was free, because no coupons were involved, because the lady begged me to take more, because she wasn't flustered but extremely cheerful as she gave them to me, was my free 5 gallon buckets with lids. The bakery at Albertsons gets their frosting in these buckets and they throw them away when their done. I called ahead and asked for one. When I got there they had three all rinsed out with my name on them. The bakers were glad that someone was going to put them to good use. (I'll use them to store my grain for bread baking.)

3 comments:
Yeah! So glad it really did work for you.
I guess I forgot to mention in my comment or post that I
1. go WITHOUT my kids
2. ring up things in separate transactions so that if it doesn't work the way it "should," I can have them void the transaction without redoing the whole order.
3. go during a pretty slow time.
The only way I can go to CVS because it's pretty far away is to go when Amy is at Choir. So I'm limited on time, who I have with me and the time of day I can go. Same thing with Walgreens. I go during Karate.
With Sean's work schedule and trying to stay home during school hours to do school, the only time I have to shop is those hours. But you're right, it would be much easier to go during a slow time without kids.
Oh, and because I used the $5 off $15 dollar coupon I did it all in one order. But it worked!
I've been trying to figure out how to manage getting to CVS too. It does seem worth it so I am going to try on a Costco run.
I am glad you got some great deals.
I really need to get in for those buckets too! I have a sack of oats that are really needing a home!
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment