Saturday, March 01, 2008

Wreaths


Well, the first class went well. The girls seemed to enjoy the project and they turned out great. One of the girls said to me, "I didn't think I'd like flower arranging, but this is really fun."

Today, all my kids wanted to do more. Emily picked up a couple of silk flower bunches (for next weeks class), stuck them in a french flower bucket and said, "Look what I made!) She was so proud of herself. It was really cute.

Evan and Amy clipped some rosemary and bay leaves and made some wreaths today too. They used the same methods with the wire. Because the pieces are bigger, they didn't need to wrap bunches up first. You just put a piece in place, wrap, add another piece, wrap and so on.

Evan's is on our front door now and here's a picture of Amy with hers.

6 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

okay, those are gorgeous! how long would those last?

Christina said...

Thanks, Kristen. I'm guessing a few months to a year. The rosemary and bay will dry naturally on the wreath frame. The lavender ones would last a year and then start fading enough that they wouldn't look good anymore.

FishMama said...

So, where do you get the bay? Also, is there a natural red that I could use in my room?

Christina said...

Jessica, the bay is from our yard. We have two bay trees/bushes. I can't think of any red other than dried roses. But you could do a lot with green and even yellow that would complement the red.

Alicia said...

Those are beautiful guys! I hope you repeat the class a few times.

Wendy said...

Those are beautiful!