
My good friend Jessica has started a new blog called Life as MOM. As part of her many helpful posts on motherhood, she has started a weekly spot for great tools and gadgets to help us all with our job of being a mom.
When I was little I had knock knees and flat feet. I had to wear special shoes to correct this and they were very expensive as I recall. My parents faithfully took me to the good shoe store in town, the Junior Bootery, and payed full price for these special shoes, even though I HATED them. They were soooooo ugly.*
When the day came that I got to pick out any type of shoe I wanted, I was so excited!

Now days, good shoes that help keep your knees and back comfortable still cost a pretty penny. But they are at least cute! After many years of Target shoes and aching knees, my mom bought me a pair of Dansko shoes for my birthday. It made such a difference in my day! Now she takes me once again to the good shoe store in town and buys me a new pair every year for my birthday.
So whether you are walking with a baby, running after a toddler, or standing next to your child who needs help with his school work, a good pair of shoes are a great tool to get you through your day.
I recommend going to the good shoe store in town and getting measured. Many of the shoes there will be in European sizes which are different than US. Find a brand that you like, then wait for a blow out clearance sale (usually once a year). Or look at Ebay, Sierra Trading Post, or Dansko Outlet for some better prices. My favorite brands are Dansko, Josef Seibel, Merrell, Keen, Ecco, and Ryka.
When I was little I had knock knees and flat feet. I had to wear special shoes to correct this and they were very expensive as I recall. My parents faithfully took me to the good shoe store in town, the Junior Bootery, and payed full price for these special shoes, even though I HATED them. They were soooooo ugly.*
When the day came that I got to pick out any type of shoe I wanted, I was so excited!

Now days, good shoes that help keep your knees and back comfortable still cost a pretty penny. But they are at least cute! After many years of Target shoes and aching knees, my mom bought me a pair of Dansko shoes for my birthday. It made such a difference in my day! Now she takes me once again to the good shoe store in town and buys me a new pair every year for my birthday.
So whether you are walking with a baby, running after a toddler, or standing next to your child who needs help with his school work, a good pair of shoes are a great tool to get you through your day.
I recommend going to the good shoe store in town and getting measured. Many of the shoes there will be in European sizes which are different than US. Find a brand that you like, then wait for a blow out clearance sale (usually once a year). Or look at Ebay, Sierra Trading Post, or Dansko Outlet for some better prices. My favorite brands are Dansko, Josef Seibel, Merrell, Keen, Ecco, and Ryka.
Your feet will thank you!
*Now days, doctors say that these type of shoes with special inserts don't really correct knock knee. It was really several years of ballet that corrected both problems for me.

5 comments:
Great idea! I wonder if that would help my bad back.
I was pigeon toed and had to wear special shoes to bed. Same with you, the drs now say that it would have corrected itself and don't prescribe that treatment anymore. Oh to be a guinea pig.
Yeah, I can't wear cheap shoes anymore. They make my feet hurt. No more shoes from Target! :) I just got a pair of flip-flops from Croc and even though there $30 my feet feel so much better! Cheap flip-flops made my feet and legs ache.
Yes, it would help your back quite a bit!
I am addicted to flip-flops and not just any ol' pair will do.
The "Ginger" Reef Flip-Flop. Nothing like it. Not this thick straps, not Teva's, not Clark's....just Reef's. I wear them in the house because the hardwood floor is terrible to my feet. During the winter I wear my Brooks running shoes ALL the time.
Christina,
Has Aaron ever told you the secret his boss told him? "Mattresses and shoes . . . Never scrimp on either one because if you're not in one, you're in the other!"
Love, Cara
Post a Comment