Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Why Was I So Stupid?!

After taking a bowl out of the microwave, I licked my fingers, thinking that I was licking off butter. My tongue started burning! I ran to the faucet and stuck my tongue under the running water. My kids were a little worried as I tried to say I was OK while having my tongue sticking out.

I called poison control because I think I licked up the cleaner that I use to wipe out the microwave. They assured me that one lick of Clorox with bleach wouldn't kill me. It just might give me an upset stomach or make my tongue swell. Lovely. Stand upright for an hour (?!) and drink a big glass of water. Well at least now I'm hydrated.

Moral of the story: Do what I tell my kids and don't lick my fingers! And use lemon to clean my microwave!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I bet that was scary.

I recently cleaned my microwave with the boiled water with lemon trick. It my first time to do it that way; I was happy that it worked so well.

Alicia said...

oh dear! yuck!
I know, sometimes we should listen to our own advice:).
glad you are okay!

Kristen Borland said...

oh yuck!! glad you're okay!! did you get sick or your tongue swell?

Jenn said...

Oh my - wonder why you had to stand upright?

Christina said...

Thanks for your concern! I felt a little queasy for an hour or two. My tounge really felt weird, but it didn't swell. And I feel fine now. So I made it.

They said I had to stand upright to help with the upset stomach. But it doesn't make much sense to me either! Besides, I hardly ever lay down during the day!

Bethany said...

Hilarious!!! That sounds like something I would do....I only laugh cause you said you were okay.