How did this chapter influence how you think about your true priorities as a woman?
I think I first have to ask myself, "What have been my priorities? What have I spent most of my time thinking about and planning for?"
This past year, I've spent a great deal of time planning homeschool lessons for my two older kids. I've spent a lot of time thinking about my new baby, and all the demands and joys that go along with baby girls. I've spent too much time and effort trying in vain to get my "body" back. And I've spent a lot of intentional time with good books that have helped me to grow spiritually during a time of upheaval with my church and friendships.
As I look at where my priorities have been, I reflect on where I've placed my husband in my planning. Yes, I love him and know in my head that he is to be my first priority after my relationship with God. But when I look back at the past year I don't think I put as much effort in seeking to be as creative and intentional in being a helper to him as I did in other areas of my life. By God's grace, I am seeking to understand my husband better and embrace God's design for my role as his wife.One practical way I am trying to do that is by asking him what I can do around the house that would help him. How freeing this has been since I obviously can't do very household chore every day. However, I can usually do what he's mentioned in adition to "my" list for the day. This has helped me to prioritize how I spend my time in a way that is effective for my family and blesses my husband.
If you write to GirlTalk and send it in, I'd love to read it even if they don't publish it. You can read what they did publish here. It was very inspiring.
We start school on Monday. So I'm planning on posting something easy and fun: a weeks worth of recipes featuring some of my favorite small kitchen appliances. (I had a lot of spare time to think while driving to and from L.A.!)

3 comments:
We changed the settings for our comments so now you don't have to be a member of blogger to post a comment.
Christina
What great insight -- and great writing! You are an inspiration, Christina, to be deliberate in working on weaknesses. Where do I start?!
I couldn't find the book cheap enough, so I will live the Book Club vicariously through you.
It was an expensive book because it's hardback. My husband bought it for me as an anniversary present. Wasn't he sweet!
Christina
Post a Comment