Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Homeschool Project



This week Emily had ( and still has) Roseola and is feeling miserable. So for school we are pinch hitting with activities that need less "Mom involvement". We're doing lots of flash cards, Quarter Mile Math, reading and handwriting. We also finished a project that we started this summer when we were studying California History. Here is our Mission San Francisco de Asis also known as Mission Dolores. Pictures were taken by our aspiring photographer, Evan.




6 comments:

FishMama said...

Very cool! You guys did a great job!

Every California kid HAS to experience the infamous "mission" project - even homeschooled kids. :) I remember my report on Mission San Luis Rey.

Zoanna said...

FanTAStico! When I first opened the picture I thought, "Wow, this is their house?" And then I looked closely and of course I thought "California mission." I love the cow and horse on the premises. How'd you make the house and roof?

Christina said...

It was actually a kit we bought at Michaels. I figured with a baby in the house we were not going to be making bricks by hand as some books suggested. We painted the roof with an oil paint, and for the walls we mixed sand into the paint to make it look like adobe.

Jenn said...

Those look incredible!

Bethany said...

Love your project. It looks real!! What a great photographer your son is.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know you changed your blog address. I have visited here without knowing it was you! I like the new name.

This is some excellent work!