This is what I am bringing to our family's Thanksgiving celebration. I won't be hosting this year. It comes from Sunset Magazine (November 1979/1996/1998). It's very easy and so good.
This year I found some gingersnap cookies made with canola oil and dehydrated cane juice for the crust. The brand is Mi-Del. The cookies were a hit. I had to go buy another bag for my recipe!
I'm going to make this today and freeze it then pull it out Thanksgiving morning. What are you making this year?
Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
8 oz. gingersnap cookies
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons melted butter
2 8oz packages of cream cheese ( I use neufchatel)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 can pumpkin
1. Crush cookies to make 1 3/4 cups crumbs. In a 9-inch springform pan, mix cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Press over bottom and about 1 inch up pan sides. (I always do the sides first, then press the bottom. That way you don't get a big lump in the crease.)
2. Bake crust at 325 F until slightly browner, about 15 min.
3. Meanwhile, in a mixer, blend cheese, brown sugar, and eggs until smooth. Spoon 1/2 cup of the cheese mix into a small bowl. Add five spice and pumpkin to remaining cheese mixture and mix well.
4. Pour pumpkin filling into hot or cool crust. Drop rounded Tablespoons of the reserved cheese mixture onto the pumpkin filling. With a knife tip, swirl to marble the white and orange.
5. Bake in 325 F oven until the center barely jiggles when cake is gently shaken, about 50 minutes. (At this point, I turn the oven off and open the door slightly to cool.) Cool on rack. Cover and chill until cold, at least 2 1/2 hours. Run a knife between cake and pan rim; remove rim. Serve with whipped cream flavored to taste with pumpkin pie spice or crystallized ginger.
Monday, November 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
If Miss Cana Rose cooperates, I'm going to make these two family favorites:
http://fishboys.blogspot.com/2005/11/two-favorite-holiday-desserts.html
Hey, thanks for your comment. I love that book by Edith Schaeffer too! :)
yumm. That looks really good.
Post a Comment