Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Garden Pictures

Here are the promised garden pictures. The ones of the roses were actually taken last month. They all had their first bloom at the same time. Now everything is taller and thicker and the roses are getting ready for another round of blooms, but not as spectacular as the first. The rest of the garden pictures were taken this week.


Evan posing in his Colonial Williamsburg costume in front of a heirloom rose that Sean's grandmother gave to us.

Three of my favorite roses. The one on the right is called double delight. It is a climbing rose. The middle and left are old fashioned roses (I forget their names). They smell wonderful!


Here is the bush that the rose above right is from.



The view from our walkway. Sean and the kids made a bunch of bird houses for my birthday and hung them in our fruit trees.







Sean took an areal view of the yard last month standing on top of the trellis around our house.






Hollyhock blooming.


Emily having a tea party in the back yard.

My raised bed with flowers for cutting and tomatoes.
On the left, a crazy weed that wraps itself around the plants. It's a spore and doesn't have any roots!






Mint growing in front of the kids playhouse.
View of the sunflowers, cosmos and tomatoes from the path behind it.


Gophers! Sean caught one by the fruit trees. He hasn't caught the one that ate almost all my delphinium. See all that empty space next to my ONE delphinium. I originally planted 18! They were there one day, and gone the next!





3 comments:

Jenn said...

Beautiful! You definitely have a green thumb. I would love to come over and have some tea with Emily!

Bethany said...

So pretty!!!!! I love it. Everything looks so beautiful welcoming. What a lovely yard. I want to do hollyhocks next year. Still have to do major work on our backyard. I love all your roses and that trellis is just stunning. So fun to see.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love your garden! And the roses on the arbor is fabulous.