Friday, June 29, 2007

"Healthy Cookies"

I've been making this recipe for our cookies since Jessica posted it. Several people have asked for it. Here's my version tweaked a bit from her version. Enjoy!

Trail Mix Cookies
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
3/4 c. canola oil (or ½ cup oil and ¼ cup applesauce)
3/4 c. ground flax seed meal
¾- 1 c sucanat
1 c. white whole wheat flour
1/4 c. wheat bran
1/4 c. wheat germ
1/2 t. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
Dash of cloves and ginger
1 t. baking soda
2 c. rolled oats
1 c. trail mix (cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds, pepitas etc.) I usually just use dried cranberries
1/4 c. dark chocolate chips

I mixed this in the Kitchen Aid, combining the eggs, vanilla, and oil first, then adding the flax and sugars. When that was well blended, I added the flour, wheat bran, wheat germ, salt, soda, spices and oats. Then, the trail mix and chocolate chips.
I made large cookies: about 9 per cookie sheet. The total recipe yielded about 20.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes

1 comment:

Kristen Borland said...

this sounds really good! we'll have to try it!