Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Growing Up

One of Emily's new sayings is
"When I grow up and be big, I....."

Then she proceeds to tell what she'll do once she gets big and grows up. It's pretty cute.

Yesterday I had to take all three kids to the doctor. We've all been sick. She watched Evan and Amy get on the scale and then she got on WITHOUT CRYING! This is huge for her because every time we go to the doctor she screams about having to get weighed, but then she doesn't cry at all for her shots. Funny child.

Then after watching Evan and Amy have their exam, she decided she wanted her exam not on my lap, but on the big exam table. The doctor was quite impressed.

And finally, last night she asked for a pillow to sleep on. Ever since we've moved her to her big girl bed she's basically used it like a big crib ending up in all sorts of funny positions. And she didn't want a pillow. When I checked on her before I went to bed, she was in the same spot on her pillow with her blankets even still over her. It was so sweet. She is growing up so fast!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is so sweet. I really love those memories of when my kids started deciding that they would "be big."

Jenn said...

They grow up so fast!!

Alicia said...

I am sorry to hear you have been sick. That must be why we did not see you.:)
Little Emily growing up...sigh. I guess it happens to even the cutest little people who you wish could just stay like that forever!

Kristen Borland said...

well, for the record, I don't like to be weighted either!