

This week I'm going to teach the kids how to use wet floral foam. It's sometimes called Oasis. If you put it in a bowl of water and let it sink for a few minutes, it absorbs water and you can make an arrangement in any container. We're going to use baskets that I found at the dollar store. I lined them with ziplocks because they are not water proof. (On the right are what the daffodils look like when you buy them at Trader Joes. They open up two days later.)
The procedure is basically the same as last week. I made the top flower a bit shorter so that the overall arrangement would be more compact. Since we're not filling in with any filler, the flowers needed to be tight and not have much space.
Daffodil stems are a bit fragile, so I used a pencil to push a hole in the foam first, then put the flower in place.

After placing the top flower, I put some on either side at an angle, slightly shorter. Then I came down to the bottom and filled in the bottom row.

After that I just went around, placing the flowers at an angle to make a round dome of flowers. Here's the end result before I finished off.

To finish, I just stuffed a bit of moss around the edges securing with an "S" pin where necessary.
5 comments:
This looks great! Daffodils are on a really good special this week, so I will have to try this.
Beautiful. I would never have thought of using the dollar store basket and lining with a ziplock bag.
beautiful as always!
How cheerful!
Wow! That is really pretty!
Post a Comment