Sunday, June 03, 2007

Amy's Pet Snails



I dislike snails because they eat my plants. Amy has rescued 8 of them and is keeping them as pets. She got an old lettuce tub (from Costco) and made it into a snail habitat. Free pets!

School is officially out for us, but the learning never ends. She checked out a book at the library and learned how to take care of them. She had a sleepover last week and took the snails along. Apparently they were a big hit!

Here's what she wrote for this blog.

I caught some snails in the backyard. They slithered all over me!

Their cage was too small so we had to get them a new one.

My snails put on a circus performance. Sometimes they sumo wrestle too. They know a little bit of gymnastics. They like to rock climb too. They eat in the middle of the night. They make lots of slime and poop which I have to clean up as my daily chore. Baby snail loves his daddy. And I love my snails.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some huge snails!!

Kristen Borland said...

great post, amy! i don't usually like snails, but yours seem to be so talented!! i often find baby ones (really, really tiny) on the inside of the boys' sandbox lid.

Bethany said...

How cute of her. Okay I cannot stand snails or slugs. EWWWWWW GROSSS YUCKY!!!!!!!!! They really freak me out. HEE HEE

Christina said...

I've been trying to understand her better lately. She's my child who I just don't "get" at times. So I hide my disgust of snails, and refrain from mentioning to her that all the other snails I find I step on or poison!