Sean has switched to working nights for a while. This actually is better for the kids since they see him more. It also means that he gets to eat dinner with us every night. When he works days he doesn't get home until the kid's bed time. So, I have been trying to make more regular meals. And I have been struggling to keep the dining room table cleared off and clean!
Over at GirlTalk they are starting to talk about food. I'm not sure what they are going to be sharing in the next few days, but the quote from "The Hidden Art of Homemaking" got me thinking. What are some practical ways to make everyday meals more interesting and appealing? How can I incorporate a measure of beauty and pleasure in our meals? What are some ways to create an atmosphere that is relaxing and invites conversation? Does anyone have any answers or advice? I would really like some new ideas!!!
Tomorrow I'll try to post some ideas that I do have, and some things that have worked for us in the past.
By the way, if you've never read "The Hidden Art of Homemaking" by Edith Schaeffer I highly recommend it. Thanks, Mom, for giving it to me.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Here are the things my kids love: candles! (turning the lights down a tad does help to quiet everyone) and when I put all the food on the table in nice dishes. For some reason, they don't feel that the meal is as special when I serve the plates from the stovetop.
My girls love placemats and pretty things on the table. This is foreign to me--I have to try harder on this one.
Post a Comment