Friday, January 12, 2007

Book Meme

I was tagged by Jenn for this book meme. (It's kind of like an online game of tag. Someone posts questions and answers them, then "tags" the next person who is "it".) Here's what you're supposed to do.

1) Grab the book closest to you
2) Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3) Post the text of the following 3 sentences
4) Name the author and book title
5) Tag three people to do the same

When I first read this on someone else's blog, I happened to have a book in my lap. I had just gotten a box from Timberdoodle and was looking through it while checking up on blogs.

"Show me how to know when a thing is evil
which I think is right and good,
how to know when what is lawful
comes from an evil principle,
such as desire for reputation or wealth by usury.
Give me grace to recall my needs,
my lack of knowing thy will in Scripture,
of wisdom to guide others,
of daily repentance, want of which keeps thee at bay,
of the spirit of prayer, having words
without love,
of zeal for thy glory, seeking my own ends,
of joy in thee and thy will,
of love to others.
And let me not lay my pipe
too short of the fountain,
never touching the eternal spring,
never drawing down water from above."


The Valley of Vision is a collection of poems and page 123 only has three sentences. So I copied them for you as they are written. It is the second half of a poem on Self-Knowledge. I got this book because I have enjoyed the CD by the same title. I am looking forward to reading this book.

I tag Cara, Bethany, and since it's National Delurking week, if you read this blog but have not yet commented, I tag YOU! If you have a blog please leave a note in the comment box to direct us to your blog. If you don't have a blog, you can just leave your quote and book title in the comments. If you click "other" you'll have a chance to add your name.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina,
I take the tagging challenge but I think I'll wait on it until I get home from Phoenix (tomorrow). Love, Cara

FishMama said...

You can't tag Bethany cause I already did! :)

Glad you're enjoying both versions of the Valley of Vision! I love it, too.

Love ya,
JF

Bethany said...

OH I guess you both tagged me. I need to go do this. HEE HEE.