Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Homemaking ABC's

A little while ago, while reading different blogs, I came across this fun and original questionnaire at Making Home. The woman who made it up has links set up if you like being a part of those and want to do it too. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

Homemaking from A-Z

Aprons - Y/N? If Yes, what does your favorite look like?
No, usually. But Amy was given a really cute apron for
Christmas and she has been helping a lot more in the kitchen, so I may start wearing one with her. I have a lot of pretty ones.

Baking - Favorite thing to bake
I really like baking just about anything

Clothesline - Y/N?
No

Donuts - Have you ever made them?
Yes, once. My grandma gave me a deepfryer for the express purpose of making donuts. But it took a lot of time and donuts are cheap to buy, plus I like eating a lot of other things better than donuts. So we use the deep fryer for making chips and buy our donuts (for the kids).

Everyday - One homemaking thing you do every day - Dishes

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze? - Yes, but it is turned off right now

Garbage Disposal - Y/N? - yes and my husband says I work it too hard!

Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource? - Magazines, books and friends- I guess I can't name a favorite. I'm always learning!

Ironing - Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results? - Hate is too strong a word, but dislike, yes.

Junk drawer - Y/N? Where is it? - Yes, right by our phone.

Kitchen - Color and decorating

You can see a picture of our kitchen here. (I can't seem to upload it to this post for some reason.) The cupboards are painted a periwinkle blue. As we've had to replace appliances we've replaced them with black. The clock above the shelves I bartered for with lavendar that I grow in my yard. And I really like my roosters and Pig. They're just fun!

Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking?

I love anything that is creative: decorating, planning and preparing new and interesting meals, and organizing. I love cleaning out closets!

Mop - Y/N? - Yes, but my son likes to mop so I'm trying to train him to take over more of this job.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine? - Um, I don't wear nylons. It's California!

Oven - Do you use the window or open the oven to check? - both

Pizza - What do you put on yours?

Fetta Cheese, olives, mushrooms, roasted bell peppers, zucchini, and sausage

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?

In the morning I read my Bible and other devotional books. Right now I'm reading Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon and the corresponding chapter that the verse was taken from, as well as the Valley of Vison. During the day, there's not too much quiet around here, but when there is I clean or check e-mail and blogs. In the evening, after cleaning (or sometimes before!) I like to read and blog.

Recipe card box - Y/N? - yes, and several notebooks

Style of house - What style is your house?

I have no idea what to call it. You can check it out here and here.

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N? - Yes

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland? - It's a disorganized mess!

Vacuum - How many times per week? -

We have hardwood floors so I sweep different parts of the house every day. The two bedrooms that have carpet get vacuumed once a week if I'm lucky.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week

I'm not sure. Laundry is not my strong area.


X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?- No


Yard - Y/N? Who does what?

Yes we have a yard. My husband does most of it. I help out when I can. We're trying to teach our kids how to do some of the work too.


Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? - Dishes or laundry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was interesting and fun to read!!

BTW, I tagged you for another meme!